Software Engineer Intern
Nashville, TN /
Hourly Rate: $30-$60
Equity: Negotiable, contingent on full-time.
Start Date: June 2023
Atmos is a purpose-driven company dedicated to democratizing access to ESG within private markets. We provide an efficient platform that automates numerous tasks performed by ESG consultants, enabling companies and funds to decrease the time and cost associated with ESG reporting and data collection. Supported by renowned ESG and tech investors globally, we are rapidly expanding to meet our customers' growing demand.
Challenges You'll Help Us Face
- Scaling our product: As an early-stage company that's growing quickly, we need to rapidly accommodate new features and additional customers. You'll help us build the tech infrastructure enabling our next $10MM+ in ARR.
- Product Ownership: We're a young development team that's constantly learning and iterating on new features. Our team needs someone who isn't looking for quick wins; instead, you should be craving responsibility and product ownership.
- Fostering a Collaborative Culture: A healthy and productive team culture is essential for the success of any startup. You'll help foster an environment of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement, where team members feel empowered to share their ideas and contribute to the company's growth.
- Emphasizing Quality Assurance: As our product continues to evolve, ensuring its reliability and performance is crucial. You'll be responsible for establishing and maintaining robust testing processes and methodologies, guaranteeing that our product consistently meets the highest standards of quality.
- Streamlining Processes: Efficiency is key in a fast-paced startup environment, and our development processes should be as smooth as possible. You'll play a vital role in identifying bottlenecks, proposing solutions, and optimizing workflows to increase productivity and decrease time-to-market.
- Identify, simplify, and automate essential ESG reporting processes within our primary product offerings.
- Participate in regular team meetings, sharing progress updates, discussing challenges, and collaboratively finding efficient solutions.
- Assist in intricate technical projects, establishing a solid base for an early-stage product that will progressively develop and grow.
- Connect our technical choices with customer-focused strategies, making sure we fulfill our promises to clients and partners.
- Set an example for excellent engineering practices, boosting quality and productivity within our developing engineering team.
- Continuously learn and adopt new technologies, tools, and best practices to stay at the cutting edge of industry trends.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement in processes, technology, or codebase, and propose innovative solutions.
- Document software designs, development procedures, and architecture to streamline onboarding and knowledge transfer within the team.
- Embrace an agile development mindset, being open to changing requirements and quickly adapting to new challenges.
- (By 2024) Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics. Alternatively, completion of a reputable Software Engineering Bootcamp, or showcasing equivalent expertise through contributions to open-source endeavors, personal projects, or professional undertakings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in React and Node.js, with the ability to develop and implement efficient and scalable applications using these technologies.
- Familiarity with Prisma is highly advantageous, particularly in the context of developing backend applications and integrating with databases. Experience with Prisma will significantly boost your application.
- Experience in utilizing Test-Driven Development methodologies, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, robust software solutions.
$30 - $60 an hour
Atmos provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.