Packaging Process Engineer
Nashville, Tennessee /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Headquartered in Nashville, TN – one of the fastest-growing and most exciting cities in the United States – August Bioservices is a privately-owned, high-growth, and high-impact Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) and Contract Research Organization (CRO). As a US-based outsourcing partner that provides a wide array of expert drug discovery, drug formulation, and drug manufacturing services to pharma and biotech companies of all sizes, we play a vital role in the global pharmaceutical industry. Our work is instrumental in helping to develop molecules today that can become the life-changing therapies of tomorrow. To support our growth plans, August is investing significant capital in a two-phase expansion project – including building a new state-of-the-art facility adjacent to our current facility. For those seeking dynamic opportunities, rewarding career paths and a chance to make a difference in global health, come grow with August!
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, the Packaging Process Engineer will be responsible for ensuring operability and reliability of GMP manufacturing process equipment located at August Bioservices manufacturing site in Nashville, TN. This individual will work closely with all other functional groups as applicable to design and commission process equipment. Applicants should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment.
- Provide engineering support for process equipment procurement and start-up at August Bioservices. This includes our visual inspection process and equipment, labeling and packaging process and equipment, and serialization process and equipment.
- Drive results by owning and completing the subsequent projects including high quality technical writing within the required quality systems and meeting the project timelines to ensure the start-up schedule is not impacted.
- The Packaging Process Engineer will participate on project teams through all phases of engineering projects related to process equipment including conceptual design, detailed design, equipment procurement, construction, installation, start up, commissioning, validation, and qualification of facilities and/or equipment.
- Work with cross-functional teams for the design of equipment, consumables, and components, initiating and maintaining vendor relationships to meet design and construction timelines, and drive project schedules to meet milestone deliverables.
- Review design documentation from conceptual through detailed design, URS documents, and Engineering Turnover Packages, including specifications, component lists, operating manuals, and drawings for GMP process equipment and update as required.
- Participate in FAT/SAT’s, commissioning and start-up of process equipment related to manufacturing operations
- Provide troubleshooting for complex manufacturing equipment including formulation, filling, packaging/inspection and serialization lines
- Experience interfacing with customer driven projects including tech transfer programs and process development
- Provide SME knowledge for CAPA and deviations that occur during the manufacturing process
- Support continuous improvement projects to increase line efficiency and reduce operating costs
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a Packaging Process Engineer, SME or similar function
- Must be able to qualify for gowning into classified areas as applicable
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to occasionally support performance of PM and maintenance activities on equipment as needed
- At least 2 years of experience in a GxP environment preferred
- Experience with Drug Substance and Drug Product Equipment (Aseptic Filling Lines, Visual Inspection Machines, Label/Pack Lines, Ultrafiltration, Chromatography, Mixing Skids, Single Use Mixers, Buffer Prep Vessels, Temperature Control Units, Clean in Place Skids, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Expected to be able to present own work to peers and cross-functional managers and influence leadership decisions.
- Technical writing skills required.
- Must be able use his/her technical background to make informed project decisions and ensure timelines are met.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Ability to interact well with other groups and must be able to take ownership of and follow through on assignments. Must be able to drive results on multiple complex assignments simultaneously with minimal required direction from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to represent August Bioservices’ interests, objectives, and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
At August Bioservices, Our Credo is our culture. Everything we do, we do with great care. We believe in the promise of discovery and the power of science to transform lives. We assert that excellence is not a static destination, but a standard, and an every-day measuring stick of our advancement. We aspire to unlock the potential in every person, every process and every molecule – from start to finish. We are committed to doing the right thing the first time and every time, meeting or exceeding all regulatory requirements. We strive to be exceptional, preferred and indispensable partners for our customers; responsible and engaged citizens within our communities; and active, mindful stewards of our environment.
We are August Bioservices. We are pointing the way forward. If this sounds like your kind of working environment, we want you on our team!
August Bioservices is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. August Bioservices does not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.