Customer Success Engineer
en – CS /
| Global Market for QA
Markets are changing rapidly, and there is a demand for quick software releases. Agile development has become mainstream; on a global scale, 92% of developer teams adopt agile development, 71% of which aim to release at least once a week. With such a rapid cycle, manual verification is too time-consuming, and there is an urgent need for automation. Our services can solve these critical challenges and make our clients a competitive advantage in software development. QA’s global budget is said to reach over $1 trillion. We are rapidly expanding our service reach internationally to win this vast global market.
| About Us
Autify, Inc. is a start-up company founded in San Francisco by a team of engineers who were the first Japanese team to graduate from the top US accelerator, Alchemist Accelerator. With the mission to increase creativity with the power of tech, we develop and provide Autify, an AI-powered software testing automation platform.
In October 2019, we officially released Autify for Web, our test automation software that targets web applications. Also, in October 2021, Autify for Mobile for mobile app testing was officially launched and we have closed our $10M Series A. Although the product lineup is continuing to expand and we have been able to provide all basic functions needed in a test automation platform, we continue to receive requests for new features and improvements.
| About This Role
We are looking for a highly motivated professional who wants to contribute their skills in a fast-growing early-stage startup and take on a wide range of ownership of our global success. You will be responsible for our customer experience for English-speaking customers. This position is a 2nd addition to the team with a full remote work, based in the US time zones.
- Support customers’ testing automation on the Autify platform via chat, email, or conference call
- investigate issues of customer’s test failures and work with the development team to solve them
- collect feedback from customers and collaborate with the development team to plan a roadmap
- Prevent churns and generate opportunities for upsells by analyzing data
- Give a product demo to customers in both pre-sales and post-sales situations to educate them on how Autify can help their testing automation
- Write product documents such as manuals, FAQs, and release notes
- Being able to attend weekly meetings held at 6- 8 pm through Mon- Thur in the US pacific time zone
- Experience in customer support, customer success, or software engineering
- Always think about the success of customers with the “customer-first” mindset
- Team-first player, meaning you enjoy helping others succeed (both clients and co-workers)
- Excellent communication skills to draw out the needs of customers, propose them appropriate solutions and win their trust
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Understanding of software testing and software development life cycle
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Experience in working for SaaS products for engineers
- ISTQB certified
- Multilingual is a plus
- Knowledge of Chrome DevTools
- Know how to read and apply network logs
- Deeper programming experience
- Any previous software testing experience
- $100K – $120K
- Reviewed twice a year
- 0.05% - 0.24%
1. Screening interview: 30 mins
2. Technical assignment & Coding test
3. Technical interview: 60 mins
4. Final interview: 90 mins
Note: We will ask you to provide references before the final interview.
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Go
- Machine learning: Python, PyTorch, Kubernetes
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Test: Jest, Selenium, WebdriverIO, Puppeteer
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Packer, MacStadium
- Monitoring: New Relic, Sentry, Papertrail, Datadog
- CI/CD: CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Source code management: GitHub
- Project management: ClickUp
- Misc.: G Suite, Slack, Notion, Gather, Zoom, Miro, 1Password, Mixmax, Calendly, etc.
| Employment Conditions
- This is a remote work position from anywhere (Minimum 2 hours of 10 am to 3 pm in the US pacific time zone needs to be overlapped)
- Full flextime system (no core time or flexible time)
Note: The determination of working hours (start and end times) must be made to the extent that one's own duties (including guidance and supervision of subordinates) are properly performed and that there are no obstacles to work in terms of coordination and communication with other employees.