Senior Frontend Engineer
en – Engineering /
| Global Market for QA
Markets are changing rapidly, and there is a demand for quick software releases. Agile development has become mainstream; on a global scale, 92% of developer teams adopt agile development, 71% of which aim to release at least once a week. With such a rapid cycle, manual verification is too time-consuming, and there is an urgent need for automation. Our services can solve these critical challenges and make our clients a competitive advantage in software development. QA’s global budget is said to reach over $1 trillion. We are rapidly expanding our service reach internationally to win this vast global market.
| About Us
Autify, Inc. is a start-up company founded in San Francisco by a team of engineers who were the first Japanese team to graduate from the top US accelerator Alchemist Accelerator.
With the mission to increase creativity with the power of tech, we develop and provide Autify, an AI-based software test automation platform.
Since its official launch in October 2019, over 300 companies have implemented Autify for Web, a test automation platform for web applications. The product is steadily growing, and we have provided basic functions expected in a test automation platform. However, we are receiving many requests for additional features and improvements from our clients. We also launched the beta-version of Autify for Mobile, a test automation platform for mobile apps, in April 2021, and we continue to expand our product lineup.
| About This Role
Since its official release in October 2019, Autify has been implemented by over 300 clients, and our client base is continuing to grow. While we provide all the essential functions required in a test automation platform, we continue to receive requests for new functions and improvements. To further strengthen our product offering and develop new functions, we are expanding our frontend engineer team who supports Autify’s UI/UX.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product leads to implement features that provide a better user experience while being mindful of performance and accessibility.
- Similarly, proactively identify functions that can be improved, improve the existing frontend mechanism and the quality of the code, and facilitate future development.
- Improve the frontend architecture so that the entire team can easily develop and introduce new functions and change existing functions.
- Developing frontend web applications using TypeScript, React, Redux, Ruby on Rails
- Developing Chrome extensions for recording user actions using TypeScript, React, and Redux
- Developing test execution workers using TypeScript, WebdriverIO, and Puppeteer
- Developing UI component base
- Being able to work in Japan standard time (Working partially in JST can be discussed)
- Over 3 years of development experience using frameworks such as React, Vue.js, Angular
- Modern development experience with Agile or Scrum
- English skills (business level or better)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in backend development using modern frameworks
- Experience in E2E test automation with Selenium and Appium
- ISTQB/JSTQB certification
Desired Personality Traits
- A person who can face issues from the user's point of view and sympathizes
- A person who has a high awareness of design such as usability, accessibility, etc.
1. Coding test
2. Technical assignment
3. Technical interview
4. Final interview
*We will ask you to provide references after the final interview.
| About the Engineering Team
Our engineering team consists of 11 engineers including the CTO and 1 designer. Almost half are non-Japanese engineers, and the developers are all English speakers. We create a company culture where members respect each other.
We have CTO, 2 product leads, 2 frontend engineers, 2 backend engineers, 1 ML engineer, 1 UI/UX designer, and 1 test automation specialist, 1 technical support engineer. The product leads formulate a rough roadmap, liaise with engineers and designers about the details of each function and bug fix, and then implements it.
Our Development Process
We create a ticket in advance about what kind of function we will develop. In some cases, the product owner creates it based on user feedback, and in other cases, each team creates bugs and investigation requests directly.
The development cycle consists of one Sprint, which takes two weeks. Development tasks are assigned during the planning stage on the first day of the Sprint, and we hold a daily standup meeting to check the overall progress and any problems. (Due to the time difference, it is done at lunchtime).
We review code on GitHub. After the review, the merged branches are automatically deployed to the staging environment, and E2E tests are performed (which Autify does itself).
After testing on the integrated branch, it's deployed to the production environment. Deployment is done several times a week as needed. The developed function will be demonstrated by the developer themselves to all employees at each Sprint.
- Tech is selected at each staff's discretion
- We actively adopt new tech
- We actively work on technical debt
- There is technical skill improvement support (learning support allowance)
- PC with the staff's desired specs, external monitors, etc. can be rented from the company
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Go
- Machine learning: Python
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Test: Jest, Selenium, WebdriverIO, Puppeteer
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Packer, MacStadium
- Monitoring: New Relic, Sentry, Papertrail, Datadog
- CI/CD: CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Source code management: GitHub
- Project management: ClickUp
- Misc.: G Suite, Slack, Notion, Gather, Zoom, Miro, 1Password, Mixmax, Calendly, etc.
| Employment Conditions
- Regular employees
- Probation period: 3 months after joining the company (conditions are the same as permanent employment)
- This is a remote work position.
- Full flextime system (no core time or flexible time)
- 7 million JPY - 12 million JPY
- Reviewed twice a year
- 0.04% - 0.12%
- Twice a year
- Complete five-day workweek system (holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, etc.)
- Paid leave, sick leave, condolence leave, childcare leave, nursing leave (all paid)
- Equipped with various social insurance
- Regular health checkup
- Stock option system
- Laptop PC will be rented when joining the company
- Partial payment of remote work equipment costs
- English learning/skill improvement program support
- Visa support