Communications – Proposals /
The Automotus team is on a mission to transform urban mobility by helping cities, airports, and fleets manage curb chaos and the unprecedented rise in congestion and emissions from commercial vehicle traffic. We’ve developed first-of-its-kind computer vision technology that helps our customers make data-driven policy decisions, automate payment for commercial vehicle (un)loading and parking, and incentivize adoption of electric vehicles. From cities to residents and small businesses, our solutions are meant to benefit everyone by making our communities safer, healthier, and more efficient places to live and move.
Our team is small but growing fast. We're looking for a Proposals Manager who is a collaborative problem solver and excellent communicator capable of managing city and airport proposals/opportunities from release through contract award.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead all things proposals at Automotus while coordinating across Communications, Product, and Business Development teams to prepare compelling, winning proposals that exceed customer requirements and promote the features and benefits of Automotus's technology and services. You will track and identify new opportunities, coordinate content development, ensure compliance with key requirements, coordinate teaming with external organizations, and meet critical timelines.
In this role you will:
- Manage the end-to-end proposal development process from proposal announcement to proposal delivery
- Research and track available opportunities that fit with company needs and priorities, maintain an annual calendar of opportunities (open and anticipated).
- Analyze RFPs and create proposal management plans including schedules, outlines, style guides, and compliance matrices
- Driving the proposal draft and edit process in close collaboration with relevant internal departments and partners
- Clearly delegating tasks content, budgets, and other required material with partners and internal departments.
- Plan and lead internal reviews to ensure compliance with the schedule and outline and to maximize the quality of the response
- Conduct QC reviews and guide preparation of the final proposal with the production staff to ensure the submission is on-brand and compliant
- Develop and implement processes and approaches for managing contract review and approval
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Two year’s experience in proposal development for contracts
- A winning track record of responding to city-based RFPs and/or national grant programs
- Clear, concise writing and editing skills
- Immense attention to detail
- Excellent project management coordination
- A positive and stern collaboration approach that drives timely completion of applications across departments and partners
Some additional skills and experience that would really help you stand out:
- Bachelor’s degree in writing related field
- Management and leadership skills
- Experience working with RFP tracking portals and software
- Experience writing technical proposals
- Familiarity with budgets and compliance documentation
- Experience with contract compliance and grant award management
WHAT WE OFFER
- We offer competitive salaries with equity, as well as health benefits*, including medical, dental, and vision. We value work-life harmony and have unlimited, self-directed vacation with a mandatory minimum.
- We also offer a five months paid parental leave, and more to support our teammates and their families.
*health benefits for US-based employees only
Given the small size of the team and the fluid nature of startups, you’ll play a key role in winning the next generation of city and airport contracts that will support the growth of the team and amplify the benefits of Automotus solutions in new markets.
At Automotus, we believe that great products can only be built by a great team. We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and customers. We do this best with a diverse and trusting team and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.