Los Angeles, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
The Automotus team is on a mission to transform urban mobility by helping cities, airports, and fleets manage curb chaos and the unprecedented rise in congestion and emissions from commercial vehicle traffic. We’ve developed first-of-its-kind computer vision technology that helps our customers make data-driven policy decisions, automate payment for commercial vehicle (un)loading and parking, and incentivize adoption of electric vehicles. From cities to residents and small businesses, our solutions are meant to benefit everyone by making our communities safer, healthier, and more efficient places to live and move.
Our team is small but growing fast. We're looking for a Product Engineer who is eager to learn, detail oriented, adaptable, and customer focused to help lead the design and implementation of our web applications.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success Teams utilizing a dynamic skill set that includes technical proficiency, a keen eye for design, and an obsession with user experience. Given the small size of the team and the fluid nature of startups, you’ll play a key role in how we interface with Automotus customers and our product development.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate remotely with the product team and other engineers at every stage in the product development process
- Lead, Architect and implement web applications
- Develop elegant solutions using clean code
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Demonstrated experience: 3+ years of professional software engineering experience using Typescript and React to build responsive web applications
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams and listening to customers
- A passion for creating excellent user experiences, and the attention to detail required to realize them
- Sound judgment when balancing fast delivery with producing high-quality, maintainable code
- Ability to operate and execute independently without significant oversight
Some additional skills and experience that would really help you stand out:
- Experience working with payment systems (e.g. Stripe)
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Experience developing smooth authentication and authorization workflows
At Automotus, we believe that great products can only be built by a great team. We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and customers. We do this best with a diverse and trusting team and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer competitive salaries with equity, as well as health benefits*, including medical, dental, and vision. We value work-life harmony and have unlimited, self-directed vacation with a mandatory minimum.
We also offer a five months paid parental leave, and more to support our teammates and their families.
*health benefits for US-based employees only