Eden Data: Security Advisor
Clients – Clients /
Job title: Security Advisor
Comp: Competitive Salary, plus revenue-based bonuses
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid time off, FSA
At Eden Data, we know that startups have trouble understanding their cybersecurity and compliance needs. We believe that every startup deserves the highest level of security so we created the systems and processes that will keep their data safe so that they can stop worrying about security, and focus on growing their amazing companies. We bring peace to startups by providing the best cybersecurity and CISO services in the world because their founders come alive when they get to focus their energy on growing their company.
More specifically: we want to serve 10,000 startups by 2025.
Integrity: delivering on the commitments we make to our customers and to each other.
Innovation: constantly striving to accomplish our mission in new, novel ways. It’s not enough to simply solve our customer's problems in the same fashion, over and over again. We should instead strive to think of innovative ways to solve said problems in a better way, every single time.
Relationships: we are in the business of bringing peace of mind and for that to be effective, we need to establish better relationships for our clients. Always strive to go beyond the transactional connection and build camaraderie with every single person we have the great pleasure of serving.
We Bring Order to Chaos
- Imitate, Then Innovate: we have not invented cybersecurity or compliance and there is no need for us to when there are amazing, collective knowledge foundations out there that are constantly striving to evolve security standards. However, this doesn't mean that we shouldn't take those concepts and innovate them in a manner that is unique to Eden Data, therefore making Eden Data a more original company.
- Always treat clients like they are brand new
- Follow Up, Follow Through, Follow Back
- Profit Driven
- We do work that is profitable and allows us to scale to help more companies.
- Willing to Learn
- If there's a problem we can't solve, we'll find the resources to figure it out.
- Intelligent Communicator
- We communicate with the customers and each other in a clear, professional and intelligent manner.
What This Role Entails
- Establishing the best security, compliance, and privacy programs for our clients
- Effectively communicating with customers, vendors, and teammates to implement leading security practices
- Leading client teams in building and implementing effective security compliance programs
- Preparing clients for security audits and guiding them through all parts of the audit process
- Supporting vendor management, customer security questionnaire responses, risk assessments and personnel management processes
- Communicating with client and investor leadership
- Leading cybersecurity training sessions
What This Role Will Help Build
Our vCISOs will be constantly improving the security and compliance programs that we build for our clients. We pride ourselves in having the best resources and recommendations for startups specifically. When we build something great for a customer, we turn it into a resource that can be carried to our other customers dealing with a similar problem.
Position Requests and Requirements
It would be great if you can:
- Understand and analyze security programs as a basis for reviewing the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of systems, controls, and processes
- Develop strong working relationships and communicating effectively with clients
- Evaluate processes and controls for compliance with relevant existing or proposed laws and regulations, established policies, plans and procedures
- Manage multiple projects in a detailed, organized, and timely manner
It would be an added bonus if you can:
- Develop content, record tutorials, and go above and beyond to help spread the gospel.
It would be great if you have the following experience:
- Expertise with at least two of the following regulations/frameworks: SOC 2, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, HIPAA, HITRUST, CMMC and/or GDPR
- CISSP, CISA, CIA, CPA, or other professional designation
- Experience reviewing, considering, criticizing, and/or auditing IT and operational controls or process improvements
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Audit experience
It would be even better if you have the following experience:
- 2+ years of IT Security/Audit experience within a professional consultancy environment
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or another relevant field