Nomi Network: HR Generalist
Clients – Clients /
Who we are: Nomi Network is a Non-Profit Organization with the mission to end human trafficking by creating pathways to safe employment, empowering women, and girls to break cycles of slavery in their families and communities.
We provide training and job opportunities for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking and enhance their ability to become financially independent. We achieve that by implementing our Workforce Development Program in collaboration with the public, government, civil society, and private sectors. Our programming is based in the US (Dallas), India, and Cambodia.
Position Description: The HR Generalist has the opportunity to join our purpose-driven team and take on the important role of supporting / building on our organizational culture while providing human resources support primarily for US staff, with an emphasis on recruiting, payroll, benefits administration, and other operations and/or HR-related tasks.
Required Location: Remote, with expected travel two to three times per year.
Preferred Candidate Location: Dallas, TX or Pittsburgh, PA
Reports to: HQ HR Manager
Type: Full time
• Participate in and manage the recruitment cycle for designated positions.
• Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, staff communications, etc.
• Create and execute onboarding and offboarding plans
• Help to educate employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations
• Maintain physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance records
• Oversee and execute payroll administration
• Assist in carrying out employment engagement plans and activities
• Conduct HR-related research projects
• Compose and update handbook policies
• Assist with compliance-related projects and tasks.
• Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Prepare/organize quarterly all-staff meeting agendas.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Weekly meeting with HQ HR Manager (virtual)
• Weekly HQ Team Meeting (virtual)
• 2-3 meetings/retreats per year (in-person, will require travel)
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s own intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Problem-solving: Resolving or addressing issues before they need to be escalated; able to solve problems by analyzing situations and applying critical thinking. Defining issues, problems, and opportunities, generating different courses of action, evaluating the constraints and risks, and selecting the viable option to address the identified problems and/or opportunities.
• Achieving results: Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve both results and success; can be counted upon to successfully exceed goals; regularly pushes self and others for results; bottom-line oriented, persisting despite obstacles and opposition
• Managing conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Formal presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Attention to detail: Thoroughly accomplish a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitoring and checking work or information for accuracy.
• Bachelors degree
• 1 year of recruiting/interviewing experience
• The position functions in a standard office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, and telephones.
• Must be able to travel through airports and on airplanes well.
• Sitting, standing, walking, and occasionally climbing stairs are typical activities in this role.
• Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas through the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required.
• Clarity of vision (i.e., working with small objects or reading small print) is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $47K - $53K per year
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
$47,000 - $53,000 a year