Software Engineering Intern
Columbus, Ohio /
Engineering – Engineering /
Aware is a collaboration intelligence platform that identifies and reduces risk, maintains compliance, and uncovers new business insights from conversations at scale. Consolidate, enrich, search, and manage data across tools like Slack, WorkJam, Teams and Zoom for immediate visibility across the organization. Aware’s comprehensive platform solves common challenges that legal, compliance, information security and IT departments face when rolling out collaboration, including archiving, monitoring, organization insights, DLP, eDiscovery, retention and legal holds. Aware is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Slack eDiscovery and compliance partner and a Workplace from Meta integration partner.
As a Software Engineering Intern at Aware, you will join one of our many teams and be given the opportunity to make a direct impact on a broad variety of projects and help to co-create and deliver successful solutions for our applications in a collaborative team setting. Here, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to tackle problems and brainstorm ideas in your own unique way.
- Work collaboratively with an engineering team to create new, awesome features leveraging bleeding edge capabilities like artificial intelligence & machine learning
- Write efficient and maintainable code for a highly-robust web application
- Own the release and quality analysis process of your code from idea to implementation
- Use your new perspective to challenge the status quo
- Turn your ideas into real-world capabilities within the platform
- Evolve existing capability by introducing alternative approaches or improved experiences
- Passionate about user experience
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Aware serves some of the largest enterprises in the world, in doing so we can provide them insights into their diversity and inclusion efforts. Because of this, Aware strives to cultivate its own diverse culture so we can better understand those we serve. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making companies better, you’ll find a home at Aware.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
A FEW PERKS OF WORKING FOR AWARE
• Company Equity
• 100% paid monthly health insurance for you and your family
• 401K match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open vacation policy
• Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks at HQ
• Flexible/Remote working options
• Cross-functional, open learning environment