Risk and Fraud Investigator
U.S. Remote /
Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
Binance.US is looking for a Risk and Fraud Investigator. This role investigates customer claims of complex financial situations, including account takeover, elder and financial exploitation abuse, and identity theft.
What You’ll Do
As a Risk Investigator, you will leverage your natural analytical and problem-solving skills to review cases to identify trends or anomalies within complex transactions. This position relies on decisions made independently, with high accuracy and attention to detail.
You will regularly partner with other Investigators and Risk Analysts or work with teams within Binance.US, such as compliance, customer service, and operations. You will help drive innovation and influence our overall risk strategy, programs, and processes.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills. Conducts time-sensitive and comprehensive investigations with an influence on fraudulent or high-risk activity including Account Takeover, Identity Theft, Collusion, and other taxonomies. Maintains thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations. Must also enjoy ambiguous problem solving and have strong self-motivation skills.
This role requires a bias toward taking action in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of transaction surveillance and investigations experience in Financial Crimes, Anti-Money Laundering, or anti-fraud experience;
- Investigate complex fraud situations including account takeover, elder and vulnerable abuse, and identity theft
- Secure accounts by placing blocks to prevent financial loss
- Identify fraud trends and communicate them to management
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement process improvements
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Assist in developing technical specifications for tool enhancements, build-out, and fine-tuning
- Stay up-to-date with the current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements of the cryptocurrency industry; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements for detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Work closely with risk and compliance colleagues across the company
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Basic SQL
- Visualization knowledge in Datawind, Tableau
- Bilingual in Mandarin
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Unfortunately, we are not hiring in Colorado or New York City for this position.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.