Risk and Fraud Investigator
Binance.US’ mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Binance.US is looking for a Risk and Fraud Investigator. This role investigates customer claims of complex financial situations, including account takeover, elder and financial exploitation abuse, and identity theft.
What You’ll Do
As a Risk Investigator, you will leverage your natural analytical and problem-solving skills. You will conduct time-sensitive and comprehensive account reviews that focus on high-risk activity, including Account Takeover, Identity Theft, Collusion, and other financial crimes.
You will regularly partner with other Risk Investigators, and Analysts and work with the Binance.US Customer Service team. You will translate complex findings and results into clear and understandable terms. Additionally, you will suggest new data sources to assist in future cases and suggest countermeasures based on account security findings from reviews and fraud intelligence reports.
The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills. Maintains thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations. Must enjoy ambiguous problem solving and have strong self-motivation skills.
This role requires taking action in a fast-paced environment and making important decisions under pressure. You thrive at grasping complex situations, making tough calls, and taking action!
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience within crypto, technology, or financial services
- Familiarity with complex financial situations, including account takeover, elder/vulnerability abuse, and identity theft
- Comfortable with securing accounts by placing blocks to prevent financial loss
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong logical and critical thinking skills
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to make quick and tough decisions autonomously
- Bonus Points
- Data exploration and analysis in spreadsheets (formulas, lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Bilingual in Mandarin
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give all Americans access to digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.