Manager, Operations Data Science
Vancouver, Canada /
Data – Data & Analytics /
Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
Binance.US, one of the most recognized brands in cryptocurrency, is looking for a Product Data Science Leader to join our growing Data organization. You will be embedded as a leader in the Operations organization, working with and supporting the different aspects of the strategy and operations on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate is a strategic self-starter with a solid foundation in data science and proven track-record in operations data science with an obsession for customer satisfaction. You are not only strong in execution and delivery, but also extremely skilled in designing strategy, planning and building a team.
What You'll Do
- Build and execute an effective strategy and roadmap for the Operations Data Team
- Develop and foster a rigorous data-driven culture within Operations team
- Regularly assess different aspects of the operations to find the highest impact projects for operations team to have the maximum impact on customer satisfaction
- Conduct and oversee operations research and deep dive data analysis to prioritize operation efforts and improvement opportunities; leverage insights to develop data-driven business cases to inform and influence company’s strategy & roadmap to maximize the operations KPIs
- Define, measure and consistently track health, technical and efficiency metrics for the different parts of the company
- Find data solutions and prioritization from customer obsession point of view to ensure the best overall experience and service to the customer of Binance.us
- Collaborate with other teams like product, risk and compliance to ensure smooth experience for the end user of Binance.us
- Design and Build tools for the Operations team that help in automating processes and facilitating swift and smart decision making
- Conceptualize and prototype machine learning models to improve operations and Customer Success KPIs
- Recruit, Manage, and mentor a team of motivated operations data scientists/analysts
What You'll Need
- 6+ years prior experience in Data Science/Analytics
- 4+ years of experience at a customer centric tech company
- Fluency with SQL and expertise with R or Python
- Experience with designing and developing compelling data visualizations and dashboards
- Excellent operations understanding and deep knowledge of the related data science/analytics needs
- Knowledge in applied statistics (e.g. regressions, predictive modeling) and NLP (e.g. chatbot)
- Previous experience in Customer Success or Operations Data Science
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable insights for a non-technical audience
- Proactive and autonomous
- Experience in recruiting data scientists/analysts is a plus
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.