Senior Supervisor, Transaction Monitoring
New York, United States /
Compliance – Compliance /
Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
- Lead a team of investigators by providing coaching, leading by example, managing output and determining corrective actions, as necessary
- Be a subject matter expert for the team and work to develop new investigators by offering mentorship
- Assist in the development of training materials to be used for the transaction monitoring team; draft and update internal policies in accordance with BSA/AML regulations
- Identify patterns and trends consistent with money laundering and terrorist financing
- Review and analyze customer and transaction alerts, accounts, and users to identify potential suspicious or fraudulent activity, document and report investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation
- Escalate alerts and draft case investigations in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and document No-File rationale
- Stay up-to-date with the current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements of cryptocurrency industry; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements for detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the transaction monitoring, onboarding experience, account review, and sanctions screenings policies and procedures
- Prepare Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports and other analytic reports as necessary
- 3+ years in AML investigations
- Experience with blockchain analytics software such as Chainalysis, Elliptic, TRM
- Proven leadership
- Strong attention to detail, teamwork, people and analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to adapt to immediate changes and work in a fast paced environment
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and FinCEN guidelines
- Crypto knowledge
- ACAMS certification a plus
- Experience with state MTL Licensing Process a plus!
The starting base pay for this role is between $100,000 and $130,000 USD for all U.S. remote locations. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skillsets, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.