Trade Surveillance Investigator
Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated crypto platform in the United States. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything.. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance.
We are undergoing rapid scale and innovation in our Trade Surveillance team and seeking an experienced Trade Surveillance Investigator. This role gathers, assesses, and disseminates investigation findings to identify and mitigate high-risk cryptocurrency trading activity across our platform.
Who You Are
We value diverse individuals who can bring new perspectives to our company with the ability to problem-solve both head-on and hands-on creatively.
You are passionate about your work and an enthusiastic team player, motivated to succeed together as a team and company.
Strive to be reliable, transparent, and independent with a startup mentality. Must be able to own your work, learn from your colleagues, and thrive playing many roles in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What You’ll Own
The Trade Surveillance Investigator will leverage natural analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct real-time and post-trade market surveillance, addressing alerts identifying trends or anomalies within complex transactions. This position relies on decisions made independently, with high accuracy and attention to detail.
As an expert in market surveillance, you will find and report attempts by clients who engage in high-risk dealing or market manipulation across a range of market abuse typologies. Keep informed of regulatory and market structure changes that may affect our surveillance program’s scope. Enforce and enhance our risk strategy, programs, and processes. Assist other team members in Fraud and Compliance during their ongoing case reviews.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills needed for dealing with market participants regarding activity under review. Maintains thorough records and supporting documentation for all audit trail reviews and investigations. Must enjoy ambiguous problem solving and have strong self-motivation skills.
- 5+ years of prior trade/market surveillance experience at a derivatives exchange, FCM, or broker-dealer
- Impeccable communication skills, verbal and written, are necessary for communicating with market participants
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Trade Surveillance platforms for alert management and investigation
- Proficient with analyzing data using a variety of tools/methods, including SQL, business intelligence, and visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, SAP)
- A resourceful and inquisitive mindset that can analyze structured and unstructured data to identify patterns and develop conclusions
- Ability to develop strategies for the detection of disruptive trading practices and financial threats, such as fraud or money laundering
- Technical mindset to enhance the build-out and fine-tuning of surveillance platform
- Savvy research skills to stay up-to-date with current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements of the cryptocurrency industry, CFTC core principles, and trade practice functions of crypto exchanges
- SQL or database experience
- FINRA Series or other relevant certifications
- Experience working at a startup
- Background in Compliance or Market Regulation
- Knowledge of the crypto industry and digital assets is a plus.
- Willingness to gain expertise in the crypto industry’s financial crime typologies
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give all Americans access to digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.