Binance.US’ mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Binance.US is seeking an employment attorney based in Washington, DC, New York, or San Francisco. The successful candidate will be an empathetic, collaborative, and pragmatic member of the Legal Team.
- Provide legal and strategic advice on labor and employment law issues related to recruiting, onboarding, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour law, benefits, anti-discrimination, and retaliation, pay equity, termination/discipline, and employee mobility.
- Advise on employment-related policies, documents, and contracts.
- Review, draft and advise on employment-related agreements, including employment agreements and separation agreements.
- Manage employment-related investigations and disputes, including demand letters and litigations.
- Assist with employment-related merger and acquisition due diligence.
- Contribute to training regarding employment best practices.
- Monitor employment-related legal developments, and work with the employment law and employee relations team to advise the business on the same.
- Stay abreast of developments in federal, state, and local employment and labor law and assist in the development and implementation of related compliance plans
- Lawyer in good standing in at least one State Bar, with 5+ years of employment law experience, with sufficient experience to handle role responsibilities with minimum guidance.
- Prior in-house or law firm experience advising multi-state employer(s) strongly preferred.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, professionalism, and leadership skills.
- Must be responsive, proactive, and able to balance competing priorities.
- Strong project management skills.
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give all Americans access to digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.