Risk Manager - Loss Prevention
St. Louis /
Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated crypto platform in the United States. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything.. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance.
Binance.US is looking for a Risk Manager to lead its Loss Prevention team. We're a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business, build products in a compliant way, and protect the company from financial, regulatory, and reputational risks.
This role will own the team’s establishment, including the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, and support the build-out of risk processes, policies, and procedures.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment. You swiftly adapt and adjust plans on the fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you will drive results and significantly support the growth and adoption of Binance.US products while building the fraud risk culture and risk management strategies.
• Manage the day to day execution of the Loss Prevention team responsibilities, including high-risk returned deposits, chargeback/dispute claims, account reactivations, and compromised accounts;
• Supervise and design prioritization matrix for daily reviews and Zendesk escalations to the team;
• Project and implement capacity needs to ensure the adequate resource availability to execute within daily service level agreements;
• Support the build-out of our risk functions to ensure compliance with internal standards and all applicable laws and regulations;
• Assist with publishing the weekly risk publication and assessment reports, analyzing changes in risk patterns;
• Understand the impact of risk policy on Binance.US ecosystem (trade-off between loss/risk mitigation and positive customer experience);
• Manage quality assurance reviews and KPI’s to optimize decision accuracy and improve overall performance;
• Mentor new Specialists, design training and skill development strategy;
• Establish effective cross-functional relationships with Customer Service, Compliance, Product, Marketing, and Engineering to build and operationalize robust risk solutions to address emerging business issues.
- 6+ years of leadership experience in risk/fraud loss prevention and investigations with a track record of being strategic, analytical and operational execution-oriented, preferably within bank or fintech industry;
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative;
- Demonstrated expertise in payments and disputes, including a deep operational understanding of ACH, wire transfers, and debit/credit cards;
- Thorough knowledge of risk management in multiple fraud areas: investigations, chargebacks, identity theft, account takeover, ACH Returns, wire fraud, etc.;
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts, e.g., SQL, Python, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, Identity Verification, etc.;
- Proven track record of managing investigations team for efficiency and decision accuracy;
- Strong capabilities and experience in driving performance through analytics to enable business growth while balancing risk and rewards;
- Natural coach, mentor and leader, with a commitment to supporting team growth by adopting effective employee engagement strategies;
- Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in cryptocurrency;
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones;
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give all Americans access to digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.