Lead, User Experience Researcher
Seattle, United States /
Design – Design /
Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
As a Lead, User Experience Researcher (UXR), you are responsible for informing and inspiring bar raising end-to-end experiences through thoughtful studies conducted directly with our customers. We believe that human-centered decision-making leads to best-in-class product experiences. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Design, you will shape a clear understanding of customer needs and partner with Design and Product management to inform design decisions to make a positive impact on our user experience. Binance.US is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard problems, have fun, and invent the future.
What You'll Do
- Foster a culture of customer obsession.
- Conduct and simplify customer research findings and insights into actionable customer-centered opportunities to improve the experience.
- Responsible for all phases of UXR work: research planning, discussion guides, conducting interviews, distilling research, building, delivering and socializing findings, managing multiple schedules and stakeholders.
- Prioritize work across the product development lifecycle to maximize impact on the business and the user experience.
- Continuously evaluate and develop repeatable research mechanisms for scale, and approaches for how we do our best work.
- Communicate and promote best practices to partners to support the strategic priorities of Binance.US.
- Act as a UXR ambassador inside Binance.US
Who You Are
- Low ego customer obsessed UX researcher with a design thinking strategic mindset.
- Have a bias towards action.
- An expert collaborator and communicator with the ability to flex between influencing partners and inspiring team members.
- Great collaborator, team player, and mentor.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnership trust.
- Experience integrating research programs throughout the product life cycle with the ability to balance data, cross org signals (customer service, app reviews, marketing insights, etc.), with customer insights to inform direction.
What You'll Bring to the Table
- 8+ years experience leading UXR research and driving strategy, career development, operations and culture both within research organizations as well as in partnership with User Experience Design, Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Deep knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Visual and verbal storytelling.
- Ability to work with a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Experience working with designers, product management, and engineering.
- Proven track record making key contributions to innovative, successful digital products.
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.