Binance.US’ mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Binance.US is looking for a Risk and Fraud Analyst. This role gathers, assesses, breaks down, and solves complex high-risk problems. It also requires an individual who has an unrelenting tenacity to get things done and an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions.
As a Risk Analyst, you will assist the risk lead with overseeing the risk systems, analytical tool enhancements, and overall efficiency with risk strategies. Importantly, this role directly represents the risk team as a member amongst other internal and external high impact cross-functional teams that support initiatives throughout the customer lifecycle and must exercise exceptional communication skills to optimize each contact.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of payment and account-level risk management principles in card payment/ACH clearing, account takeovers, and financial crimes, including anti-money laundering best practices.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills. Data analysis and interpretation skills are a must. Given any data set, you must be able to determine a logical course of action or locate and analyze multiple data sets using various data sources (SQL) and visualization tools (Datawind, Tableau) to determine the root cause. Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation through incident reports that are viewable by senior management. Must enjoy ambiguous problem solving and have strong self-motivation skills.
This role requires a bias toward taking action in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of prior transaction surveillance and investigations experience in Financial Crimes, Anti-Money Laundering, or anti-fraud experience;
- Investigate complex fraud situations including account takeover, elder and vulnerable abuse, and identity theft
- Leverage industry experience and expertise to analyze existing risks within product offerings that require a high level of attention to detail
- Investigate and analyze complex structured and unstructured data sets to resolve business challenges, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide insights and solutions
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Identify, document, and follow-up with team members on product bugs and feature enhancements
- Partner with internal and external business teams to identify and confirm emerging fraud trends and potential risk misses ahead of product launches and in an ongoing capacity
- Must be able to take the initiative, plan, organize and prioritize projects with overlapping deadlines competently; work independently and help others; must be highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Stay up-to-date with the current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements of the cryptocurrency industry; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements for detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Work closely with risk and compliance colleagues across the company
- Bonus Points
- Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- SQL strongly preferred
- Visualization knowledge in Datawind, Tableau
- Experience using statistics to solve complex business problems
- Experience with machine learning models
- Bilingual in Mandarin
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give all Americans access to digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.