Contracts Administrator, Legal Affairs
Business & Operations – Operations /
BDG is looking for a highly qualified professional to join its legal team in a Contracts Administrator role. The Contracts Administrator will undertake a variety of legal and administrative duties in support of day-to-day Legal Affairs operations. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, can manage multiple projects and competing priorities comfortably, and brings extraordinary judgment and interpersonal skills to the role. Applicants must be able to work EST hours, but remote applicants are accepted at this time.
Please note this is a contract role.
- Provide legal support and assistance to the in-house Legal Affairs team
- Review and draft a wide variety of legal agreements such as advertising agreements, talent releases, content licenses, and NDA’s
- Maintain, organize, and manage contracts, including tracking rights, contract expirations, renewals, and terminations
- Conduct research in connection with copyright infringement claims and TM matters
- Field and respond to various requests from internal business partners and external parties
- Assist with data privacy compliance matters
- Assist legal department with process improvement projects focused on increasing efficiency and improving service provided to organization
- Assist with other matters and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate with 3-5 years of contract management experience; or
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Proficient with MS Office and Adobe Sign; experience with G Suite and/or contract management software a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while serving a variety of departments within the company
- Ability to be adaptable and to shift focus or priorities as needed pursuant to instructions from the Legal Affairs Team
- Strong communication skills will a demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor in meetings, e-mail correspondence, and phone calls
- A standout team member who can easily harmonize with a range of personalities and be proactive to build great relationships with others in the organization to brainstorm and get ideas or ask questions
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.