Contributing Editor, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is seeking a part-time Contributing Editor to join its Dating team. This is a hybrid role that involves a mix of writing, editing, and management. This vertical publishes news and evergreen stories about single life, dating, relationships, breakups, sex, sexuality, celebrities’ love lives, and astrology; interested applicants should be passionate and knowledgeable about these subjects, and prior experience on this beat is a plus. This role is best for a self-starter who is detail-oriented, efficient, and excited to work closely with both writers and editors.
Candidates should be comfortable seeing a story through its entire life cycle: ideation, writing, editing, and packaging. They should have a unique perspective and voice, possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content, and have experience working on tight deadlines and/or breaking news.
This position is part-time and remote. We’re looking for candidates with availability to work Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
- Monitor and pitch news relevant to this vertical
- Contribute to team brainstorms
- Write two to three stories per day
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and images
- Two days per week, edit and manage one part-time writer
- Four times per year, review your writer’s growth and goals in tandem with the Senior Editor
- 2+ years of writing experience
- 1+ year of editing and/or management experience
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and sharp writing skills
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Proficiency in writing or editing breaking news stories
- Proficiency writing in AP Style
- A passion for dating and relationships
- Knowledge of popular, trending celebrity couples
- Availability to work remotely
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.