Freelancer, Brand Strategist
Revenue – Client Solutions /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a creative and strategic freelance marketer for our Brand Strategy team. As a freelancer, you will play an essential role in the presale function with a keen focus on writing compelling, customized proposals across Bustle Digital Group’s (BDG) portfolio of brands, playing a strategic part in driving revenue growth. This role will support and report into the Director(s) of Brand Strategy.
- Oversee innovative ideas and category-specific approaches across a wide range of categories, identifying and designing the approach where needed
- Strong collaboration with the Branded Content, Video, Experiential, Research/Trends, and Sales Teams to create strategic marketing proposals
- Ensure all ideas are packaged appropriately from a proposal and planning perspective, aligning with the needs of our brand partners
- Understand insights to better curate marketing opportunities for clients, utilizing measurement tools and research to add relevant, trustworthy data to our ideation
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- 5+ years of digital and/or traditional marketing experience or digital strategy in a related field
- Ability to manage multiple RFP’s within a given week
- Strategic and creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task
- Upbeat, can-do, proactive outlook, calm under pressure, and a sense of humor
- Proficiency in Keynote, MS Office, SnagIt, and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics, comScore, Quantcast, and/or Shareablee
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.