Creative Development Producer, Video
New York, NY /
Creative – Video and Production /
BDG is seeking a Creative Development Producer to execute strategic video projects across the BDG portfolio. Working within the video team, this person will focus on development and execution of choice video projects with the purpose of strengthening BDG brand voice and vision, and creating new and exciting opportunities for our advertising partners.
Video projects may include:
Creating buzzy videos attached to choice content packages, cover shoots, and tentpoles
Collaborating with social teams on original video strategy across a variety of platforms
Piloting new video offerings and formats for advertisers
Exploring emerging platforms
Producing and directing video for marketing initiatives and brand building
The ideal candidate has a knack for both creative development and video production. They should be comfortable leading a brainstorm, interfacing and collaborating with different departments across BDG, creating pitch decks and treatments, leading production of video projects and directing on set. They should be familiar with creating content for social platforms and have a keen eye for storytelling and visual aesthetic. They have a pulse on lifestyle and culture and are an anticipator of industry trends, able to think strategically to create compelling and engaging video content.
The Creative Development Producer will act as the lead producer on each project they endeavor. They will have access to the BDG Studio in New York City for shoots, as well as an internal team of shooters, editors, and creative directors to brainstorm ideas and bring projects to life.
- Regularly meet with editorial teams to keep a pulse on BDG brands and ways that video can support brand building initiatives
- Regularly meet with revenue org teams to anticipate growth categories and advertiser needs
- Create and maintain a development calendar of projects
- Schedule and lead brainstorms around specific categories
- Work with the creative team to greenlight video projects and concepts
- Work with the production team to execute shoots
- Oversee projects in post production
- Oversee project deliveries and collaborate with social teams and designers on distribution strategy and packaging
- Assist marketing with pitch decks to sell video products
- Examine data and performance metrics to inform future projects, and report back to the team
- Previous experience producing video content for social platforms (at least 5 years preferred)
- Eye for art direction, design and casting
- Knows their way around a video shoot, comfortable leading a shoot and working with directors or directing
- Knowledge of production process from development through distribution
- A knack for lifestyle and culture content
- Comfortable working remotely at times and self-motivated
- A collaborative spirit and can-do attitude
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.