News Writer, W
New York, NY /
Editorial – W /
W is seeking a News Writer who will be responsible for short-turnaround stories. The writer will have familiarity with W’s core subject of the world of fashion both in terms of trends and the people that make it move, but also be comfortable writing about the wider worlds of culture, celebrity, beauty, and lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for not just identifying trending topics, but an ability to move them forward or put a unique spin on them. The writer should be able to handle writing up Bella Hadid’s latest street style moment or the announcement of a new designer taking over an important label, but also the latest awards season controversy or royal engagement. The position will require both completing assigned stories and finding and pitching original stories. Both a strong understanding of the digital news cycle and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must.
Candidates must be based in NYC.
- Completion of 4-5 short news updates a day
- Occasional updates of galleries and evergreen articles
- Packaging your own stories for both SEO and social media platforms
- Experience in a fast-paced digital news environment
- An understanding of W’s voice, outlook, and history
- Ability to write in a tone appropriate for W’s audience
- An eye for not just what’s already trending on the internet, but the instinct to identify what will
- Some night and weekend availability required for fashion month, awards season, and major events
- Candidates must be based in NYC
$58,000 - $60,000 a year
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.