Dating Editor, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is hiring a Dating Editor to help shape its sex, dating, and relationship coverage. The Dating Editor will be responsible for assigning, editing, and publishing stories produced by a team of remote, part-time writers, and should have strong copy-editing and content-editing skills. This editor will help define and execute future coverage opportunities within the Dating vertical, working alongside the Senior Dating Editor to do so.
The ideal candidate for this role has their finger on the pulse of current sex, dating, and relationship news, culture, and trends; in one day, they might edit a news story about a celebrity’s engagement, an evergreen feature about couples therapy, and a listicle of Instagram captions for debuting a new relationship. The Dating Editor should be as passionate about dating as Elite Daily’s readership is, and should feel comfortable publishing well-sourced articles containing professional advice on topics including single life, dating, relationships, breakups, sex, sexual health, sexuality, and astrology. They may also play a role in working with freelancers, from assessing pitches to assigning, editing, and publishing pieces.
This editor should be able to package stories with enticing headlines and dynamic imagery and understand the basics of SEO. They should strongly value diversity and inclusivity, and be familiar with Elite Daily’s tone and perspective on dating. They should have excellent communication skills, the desire to work closely with writers, and the ability to work efficiently and independently.
This is a full-time position. Remote applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Sweep the internet for relevant dating news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Assign, edit, and update (and occasionally write) daily news stories and evergreen content, working to improve the structure, factuality, mechanics, clarity, and tone of each piece
- Work collaboratively with the Entertainment team to identify trends in the celebrity dating space
- Effectively package posts with enticing, clickable headlines and imagery
- Understand how our readers date, and use that to generate content ideas
- Manage a team of part-time writers, editing their work, developing their skills, and serving as a resource for their needs at BDG
- 2+ years editing or writing experience at a digital or print publication
- A passion for delivering great dating, sex, and related content
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with other editors
- An understanding of how stories are shared and consumed differently across platforms
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience using analytics to inform editorial decisions
- Portfolio with clips that showcase writing and/or editing skills
- An ability to remain flexible while meeting deadlines and managing multiple assignments/projects
- Genuine enthusiasm for the role and for dating culture in general
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.