Creative Director, Video
New York, NY /
Creative – Video and Production /
BDG is seeking a Creative Director to join the video team, primarily focused on branded video across the BDG portfolio.
The Creative Director will span both pre-sale and post-sale, working with Marketing to craft stellar proposals to RFPs, and working with Producers to see the vision through to delivery. On a day-to-day basis, this person will attend brainstorms, write up concepts, create storyboards, moodboards, and treatments, ideate built-if-sold video series concepts, and assist producers with everything from scripts, casting, styling, art direction, crew recommendations and formats.
The ideal candidate has worked across lifestyle and culture - spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, health, food, travel, tech and auto. They should have excellent writing skills, a strong visual eye, and proven work ideally in advertising/ branded video. They should have a strong production background and be comfortable pricing an idea and advising on execution. Directing experience is a plus but not a requirement. This role will report into the VP of Creative, Video.
*Along with your resume and cover letter, please also submit links to your work with your application.*
- Participate in brainstorms to develop branded video strategy and concepts in response to RFPs
- Deliver write-ups and visual materials to convey video series ideas
- Ideate new built-if-sold series and assist on the creation of pilots and proof of concept work
- Collaborate with producers to ensure strong creative through production
- Work with designers and video editors to execute vision through post production
- Stay abreast of content and technology trends in the entertainment, video production and motion graphic communities, and suggest new ways to implement these
- 8 years working in a creative/video role (ideal candidate has been directly responsible for developing co-branded video creative at an agency, production company or publisher)
- Proven ability developing video creative is a must: creating scripts/treatments, providing creative input on shoots, working with art directors and other crew to execute vision
- A track record of proven work across platforms (Instagram, Facebook) and formats (from documentary to short-form storytelling to visual mood lookbooks, how-to’s, etc.)
- Must be able to present creative ideas with confidence to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills — you should be able to work on multiple campaigns at any given time and be able to manage your own time and schedule to ensure all deadlines are hit.
- Expertise in the lifestyle space - keeps up with trends, video trends and talent
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.