Associate Fashion Market Editor
New York, NY /
Editorial – Women's Lifestyle /
Bustle Digital Group is hiring an Associate Fashion Market Editor to work across all of BDG’s portfolios (Nylon, Bustle, TZR, Elite Daily, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, Inverse etc.) This role is based in New York and will report directly to the Executive Fashion Editor.
The Associate Editor will work closely with the Fashion Team to support creative concepts for shoots and will be responsible for securing fashion samples for features and celebrity cover shoots. Candidates for this role should be a team player with a sharp point of view on fashion, style, and trends. The ideal applicant should be highly organized, deadline-oriented, and should have strong relationships within the industry with both designers and publicists.
- Collaborate with the Fashion Editorial Team on shoot logistics for covers, fashion wells and portraits.
- Research trends for each season and build comprehensive trend reports and mood boards
- Collaborate with the Fashion Team to assemble a board of designer looks and accessories based on creative concepts for cover shoots, fashion wells, styled shoots, portraits and accessory shoots.
- Liaise with external PR/Sales Teams to secure samples in line with the proposed mood board as needed for shoots
- Work with the team in the fashion closet to manage samples for shoots
- Network, nurture, and maintain strong relationships within the fashion industry
- Collaborate and communicate with the BDG Lifestyle teams to brainstorm and pitch story ideas for larger packages
- Update fashion decks for sales, trends, shoot directions, and year end reviews
- Send out metrics for each original content shoot to brands and clients
- Plan fashion month for all editors
- Allocate IBC, FedEx, and Kangaroo invoices and manage all shipping accounts
- 3+ years fashion market editing, styling experience in either print (ideally) and/or digital media
- Highly organized, deadline oriented, ability to thrive in a fast paced industry
- Deep understanding of the luxury and contemporary fashion market
- Ability to secure samples for photoshoots quickly without compromising aesthetics
- Comfortable networking and attending (virtual) events and previews on behalf of the brand
- Salary Range: $58,500 - $62,500
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.