Business Intelligence Associate
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – Sales & Marketing /
BDG is seeking a Business Intelligence Associate to support the company in making data-backed decisions. This role will require developing a deep understanding of the company’s business which will help enable proper analysis and recommendations for management around tactical and strategic decisions that need to be made. Day to day, this role will include activities such as reporting on audience metrics, finding optimization opportunities, monitoring marketing, and revenue yield, gathering and verifying data, and generally performing ad hoc projects to support the Business Intelligence team.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical with a strong quantitative background and interest in digital media/publishing.
- Analyze core operations and new initiatives across the organization with a focus on Ad Operations, Sales, and Marketing to develop operating models, forecasts, and best practices.
- Help execute yield operations and ensure full delivery of all sales campaigns while optimizing for KPIs and maximizing yield.
- Determine what metrics, reports, and analyses are needed across the organization, and then work with the appropriate teams to implement them.
- Exploration and discovery of revenue opportunities – currently focused on overall yield but expanding to inventory analytics, process, and execution.
- Ad hoc analysis to support various needs and endeavors as needed.
- Improve overall analytics capabilities by investigating ETL services, analytics, automation, database solutions, and front-end dashboard and analysis tools.
- Proficiency in SQL and Google Sheets. Google Data Studios/ Looker/ other BI tools a plus
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Google Ads Manager, and web analytics a plus
- Familiarly with forecasting, A/B testing, and lifetime value calculations
- 2+ years working in an analytical and quantitative capacity
- Expert in manipulating data
- Ability to extract, interpret, and easily communicate data and trends to a diverse range of stakeholders answering various business questions
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.