Fashion Writer, Nylon
Editorial – NYLON /
NYLON is seeking a remote, part-time fashion writer.
NYLON readers are experimental when it comes to style, and are curious about all sorts of fashion-related news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too. We're looking for candidates who can quickly cover the latest product drops and collaboration announcements, compile SEO-optimized fashion trend roundups, identify on-brand celebrity fashion news, and ideate seasonal market stories, as well as stay on top of breaking viral trends on platforms like TikTok and YouTube, and so much more.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest fashion stories of the moment, and who is ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view. Published writing clips and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment are required. In your brief cover letter, please tell us your favorite fashion topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for fashion news. We're especially looking for writers who approach fashion through the lens of pop and internet culture, and with a unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- 1-2 years of fashion writing experience, preferably in the digital realm
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Familiarity with SEO
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending stories and topics in the beauty and fashion spheres
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.