Social Media Strategist, Mic
Editorial – Mic /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a full-time Social Media Strategist to join our Culture & Innovation team, working specifically on Mic, a digital publication telling the most compelling stories at the intersection of culture, impact, and identity.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with Mic’s editorial team and own Mic’s social media strategy across various platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. Other responsibilities will include regular data analysis, creative ideation and execution on social franchises/series, and continuing to develop Mic’s identity on social media.
Applicants should have a passion for news and culture content and be up-to-speed on current issues impacting young people. The candidate should be fluent in all major social platforms (specifically Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Mic’s voice is a must.
- Manage day-to-day posting for Mic on all social platforms
- Own and further develop Mic’s social strategy
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Manage strategy and execution of Mic’s digital issues
- Source imagery and produce original content for TikTok, Reels, and IG stories
- Use analytics tools to track growth across social channels and inform overall strategy
- 2+ years experience working in social media, specifically for a digital publisher
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Mic’s voice and coverage areas
- Ability to identify trending topics, emerging trends, and on-brand influencers
- Firm knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.