Associate Visuals Editor, W
New York, NY /
Editorial – W /
W Magazine is seeking an Associate Visuals Editor to join the Visuals & Content team. The ideal candidate will have strong production, communication, and organizational skills and a vast knowledge of fashion and photography to fully execute all aspects of a shoot, conduct photo research, and work in a fast-paced environment. The role will oversee all digital imagery across all digital channels. A broad-ranging understanding of culture, fashion, photography, and entertainment is key for this role.
- Collaborate with W’s Executive Digital Director, Visuals & Content Director and Design Director on maintaining W’s vision across all photo shoots and image needs
- Maintain quality control on the website, assuring that imagery and formatting meet digital standards, this requires great attention to detail
- Able to crop, silo, retouch and create compositions and collages for the web
- Ideate on visuals to represent abstract story concepts
- Commission photographers for original web shoots
- Produce original web shoots including liaising with talent reps, booking styling, hair, makeup, location, and overall coordination of the shoot.
- Adhere to budget for every shoot
- Commission photographers for event coverage of large events, fashion shows, fashion weeks
- Has the ability to gather assets, edit and publish within a short timeframe
- Conduct photo research to source existing imagery for articles that don’t require original photography
- Assist with W Archive image research for social team and web posts
- Liaise with the Accounting and Rights/Permissions departments for payment and contracts
- 2-3 years of digital and photo production experience with strong understanding of editorial photography and photo research
- Has strong production skills, organization, and wide variety of industry contacts
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously with various lead times
- Understands visual trends in photography, fashion and web
- Has a strong grasp of what’s new, what’s trending, and how it relates to W's brand narrative
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Bridge
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.