Editorial – Input /
Input is looking for an Editor-in-Chief to oversee the site’s editorial operations and teams. The ideal candidate has over eight years of experience managing a digital news operation and should have a firm grasp on the day-to-day flow of a modern publication, from breaking news to lengthy features. Experience working at multiple levels of the newsroom, from reporter on up, is a plus.
The job requires impeccable judgment, strong leadership skills, good taste, and the right candidate will be a creative thinker excited at the prospect of helping to grow our audience and sharpen our voice. Input is a tech, culture, design, and style-focused publication dedicated to bringing a new perspective on the most important, interesting, and vital stories from those worlds — on a platform that is uniquely modern, with voices that are authoritative, insightful, and cut through the noise.
- Oversight of the staff and schedules, communication, Input’s editorial budget, editorial calendars and events, story ideation, and pitch workflows
- General management of publishing schedules, writer & partner relationships
- Ensuring necessary communication between various stakeholders on the editorial teams
- Coordination with sales teams and engineering teams on shared projects
- Working alongside senior editors to approve, edit, and manage stories
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews and hiring as needed and within the Input budget
- Direct involvement in daily programming decisions, social distribution, newsletters, and more
- A demonstrated experience and interest in two or more of the following areas: consumer tech news & reviews, streetwear & style, design, internet culture, investigative reporting around the companies, people, and ideas driving our world forward
- A minimum of five years of experience editing full time for a national publication, working entirely or predominantly online
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of writers and editors to embrace a unified vision
- The ability to coordinate with multiple senior editors daily, work in a fast-paced newsroom, and maintain a high level of organization
- A strong sense of design and a feel for not just the news of the day, but the correct presentation of that news
- Familiarity with photo/video editing tools, knowledge of HTML and/or other languages is a huge plus
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.