Sex and Relationships Editor, Bustle
New York, NY /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a Sex and Relationships Editor to be the strategic and creative lead of the site's sex and relationships content. The Sex and Relationships Editor will work closely with the Executive Editor and the Deputy Editor, Lifestyle to shape the brand’s sex, dating, and relationships coverage and will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing inclusive articles that appeal to Bustle’s audience via search and social platforms.
The ideal candidate has strong news judgment, a knack for pushing stories forward with original reporting and thoughtful angles, and a love for developing younger talent. Candidates should have a strong grasp for all the sex and relationships issues impacting millennials and an insatiable desire to make Bustle the inclusive destination for young people who are curious to learn about anything ranging from the reasons young people cheat to the best zodiac signs to marry.
An interest in and experience with securing exclusive interviews; networking, nurturing and maintaining strong industry contacts; and a desire to produce creative and impactful content is a must. Bustle’s sex and relationships coverage is inclusive, informative, and fun.
While this role is currently remote, preference to those candidates who will be able to work from our NY office in the future.
- Edit or write five sex and relationships stories a day—a mix of content tailored to SEO and social, breaking news, and in-depth profiles, Q&As, multi-source reported features, and ATTs or first-person reads
- Manage a team of part-time writers and freelancers, working closely with them on ideation, site direction, and content package execution
- Work with the Deputy Editor, Lifestyle and Executive Editor to develop the section’s content strategy, using analytics tools to monitor performance and adjust priorities as needed
- Maintain the vertical’s edit calendar and daily/weekly lineups, ensuring Bustle’s publishing the right mix of sex and relationships stories at optimal times
- Be reactive to the day’s news and brainstorm creative second-hour or second-day angles for breaking stories with potential sex and relationships angles
- 5+ years sex and relationships editing or writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- Comfort networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.