Motion Graphics Designer
New York, NY /
Creative – Video and Production /
BDG is seeking a highly creative, aesthetic-driven Motion Designer to work on a range of projects within the video department, helping us to elevate our content, optimize our videos for sound-off viewing, and tell stories by conveying information in creative new ways. Our focus ranges from short-form, punchy branded content for Instagram and Facebook, to longer-form editorial original series for Youtube.
This role’s primary focus is to create and animate graphics and infographics for use in-video. It will require a high level of design and conceptual ability as well as production and organizational skills. This is a highly collaborative position and you will be working within a team of video editors and producers. Our motion designers serve as the lead graphic designer on any given project and will be responsible for the design as well as the motion components. The ideal candidate has a strong video sensibility, a solid understanding of type, hierarchy, movement and layout, and is comfortable executing motion graphics work in a fast-paced environment. On any given day, you may be required to juggle multiple projects ranging from one-off graphics requests to designing robust graphics packages and look and feel for new series across the BDG portfolio.
While the tri-state area is preferred, we are open to considering remote candidates.
- Support production and post production teams in developing design explorations starting from concept to final output
- Assist in developing brand identity by the design and motion choices we create and replicate
- Execute motion designs based on a sometimes abstract concept
- Design assets for various programs, audiences and platforms, maintaining brand style and standards for both client partners and BDG internal brands
- File and asset management
- Put together mood-boards in pre-sale for any animation or typography projects
- Coordinate with post and production leads to meet deadlines for projects
- 3 years of professional experience working in graphic design and motion
- Elevated design sensibility
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently when necessary
- Excellent work ethic
- Open to feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized in file handling/upkeep
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.