Trending News Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time writer to cover social news for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include finding stories that cater to the Elite Daily audience, pitching unique angles on trending content, and writing articles for the vertical on tight deadlines. Coverage will include a variety of topics such as food, tech, social media, viral news, and travel.
The ideal candidate will be up to date on the latest fast food releases from major brands (e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc.), Instagram and Snapchat updates, Apple releases (and all the hacks that go along with them), and the TikTok trends taking over your feed. Candidates must have availability to work remotely Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-4 p.m. EST.
Applicants should be experienced writers with strong news judgment and an understanding of the Elite Daily voice. Writers should also be comfortable contributing a mix of news briefs as well as reported stories for the vertical. The ideal candidate is creative, well organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once. This position also requires occasional breaking news and live event coverage.
- Source, pitch, and write stories appealing to the Elite Daily audience
- Work with the News Editor to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Effectively package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Write 3 news stories per shift about topics like food, tech, social media, viral news, and travel
- Cover breaking news and live events when applicable
- 2+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- Strong voice and unique ideas
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Proficiency writing in AP Style
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.