Temporary Celebrity Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily /
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time Celebrity Writer to join its Entertainment team on a temporary basis. Day-to-day responsibilities include identifying celebrity, music, and pop culture news our reader would be interested in, pitching unique, engaging angles on trending content, and turning around clean copy in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants should have extensive knowledge of both the celebrity and music landscapes and can expect to cover breaking news, celebrity feuds, pregnancy/birth announcements, album/single releases, and touring updates, among other topics. In addition, this writer should be adept at analyzing music lyrics and videos for easter eggs and fan theories bound to go viral. Specifically, we’re looking for candidates with flexible schedules who can participate in coverage of live events including the 2022 Golden Globes, Grammys, SAG Awards, Super Bowl, Oscars, and others on an as-needed basis.
Ideal candidates should have 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, and be able to handle multiple projects at once. Writers should also have a fun, witty voice, and display strong news judgment.
*This is a part-time, temporary position. We are currently looking to fill four seven-hour shifts per week (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET), including coverage of live events on weekends and evenings.*
- Find and pitch relevant celebrity and music news stories that appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Write 3 stories per shift about upcoming album releases, singles, videos, tour information, plus topics underneath the celebrity umbrella (i.e. birth/pregnancy announcements, social media posts, and more)
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on celebrity and music news
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with clickable headlines and teasers
- 2+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- A fun, witty voice and innovative ideas
- A passion for all things pop culture
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.