Updates Writer, BDG
Editorial – BDG /
BDG is looking for an Updates Writer to update existing content across its portfolio of websites (including Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, The Zoe Report, and NYLON) to ensure content is current, accurate, expert-backed, and comprehensive. This role involves updating existing content through writing, reporting, and rewriting as necessary to ensure all content meets editorial standards.
The Updates Writer must possess strong reporting and writing skills; an efficient, deadline-driven, and organized working style; an understanding of SEO; and an ability to grasp and tailor copy to different brand voices. This person should also feel comfortable writing about lifestyle and pop culture topics, as updated content will primarily involve subject areas including sex, relationships, food, celebrity, social media/tech, astrology, wellness, style, and beauty.
- Update existing content through, reporting, writing, and rewriting to ensure it is accurate, up to date, comprehensive, and expert-backed, following guidance from the Updates Editor and the SEO and Content Strategy teams
- Source and conduct interviews with a diverse roster of experts to add needed updated information to articles
- Update content formats/fields to ensure they are in abidance with SEO best practices.
- Strong writing, reporting, and organization skills
- An interest and comfort writing about lifestyle and pop culture content
- An understanding of SEO, including general best practices
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.