Senior News Editor, Bustle UK
United Kingdom /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic News Editor who can oversee the day-to-day, hour-to-hour, minute-to-minute pace of Bustle UK’s daily news, entertainment, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle coverage. Reporting into the Executive Editor, the News Editor will have strong line editing skills, a passion to learn more about audience development, and a strong understanding of the Bustle reader.
As well as leading on the Bustle UK newsletter, the News Editor will decide what’s worth our coverage, anticipate news and plan for it, and manage a team of part-time writers and freelancers. Overseeing roughly 10 stories a day, this is a fast-paced digital role, so knowing what makes a good headline, what the Bustle take is, and how to optimise for search, is key.
Note: this role is based in the UK.
- Manage writers and their daily coverage, including story selection, headlines, and angles
- Edit 10 daily stories, ranging from news to evergreen content
- Monitor the internet for relevant news that would appeal to the Bustle UK audience and identify unique angles on those stories
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events
- Monitor daily traffic for Bustle UK, and suggests strategy adjustments
- Curating the Bustle UK newsletter
- 2-3 years editing experience, preferably in entertainment
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- The ability to generate, assign, and edit relevant thought-provoking angles and - analysis of news topics quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.