Associate Manager, Editorial Operations
New York, NY /
Editorial – BDG /
BDG is looking for a full-time Associate Manager, Editorial Operations, to support the numerous operational initiatives and functions across the company’s editorial brands. This role is responsible for supporting communication between editorial and sales departments, implementing and tracking editorial campaigns across BDG’s brands, managing editorial calendars, being aware of significant content plans, supporting business development projects and their editorial implementation, and helping to track and disseminate budgets for different editorial departments. Additionally, this person will assist with editorial training documents, homepage curation, and project management and editorial onboarding relating to potential brand acquisitions, and also manage and support other workflow, process, tracking, or organizational projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate for this role is extremely organized, has stellar communication skills and the ability to work across teams and departments, and is a quick learner. They are also extremely deadline- and detail-oriented, and capable of juggling multiple projects for different stakeholders. This person should be well-versed in Excel/Google Sheets and other Google Docs, as well as comfortable working with project management tools.
This role is full-time and while the position is currently remote, the person hired must be available to work from our NYC office as our back-to-work plans evolve.
Please note: This is not an editing or writing role, though experience with either is a plus. Please do not apply unless you are interested in pursuing an operational, business-minded role.
- Monitoring editorial initiatives and communicating them to relevant stakeholders across the company, including editorial calendars and internal documents
- Supporting communication and maintaining shared materials between the Editorial and Sales sides of the company
- Supporting and facilitating execution of sold campaign implementation across BDG brands
- Supporting business development projects and their implementation
- Tracking and disseminating editorial budgets
- Assisting with updating training materials
- Supporting and executing on other operations-related projects as they arise
- Assisting with homepage curation across brands
- 2-4 years of experience working with digital content (such as editorial or marketing) in a role that involves project management and communication
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets and Google Docs, and familiarity with project management software
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of editorial content and differences in brand identity
- Ability to adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing
- Ability to multitask under pressure and deliver results for multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership of projects
- A knack for problem-solving and an obsession with details
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.