Senior Social Media Strategist, Romper
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a full-time Sr. Social Media Strategist to join our Lifestyle team, working specifically on Romper, a digital publication devoted to premium storytelling about parenthood and raising children.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Sr. Social Media Strategist will work closely with Romper’s editorial team and own Romper’s social media strategy across various platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Other responsibilities will include regular data analysis, creative ideation and execution on social franchises/series, and continuing to develop Romper’s identity on social media.
Applicants should have a passion for parenting content and be up-to-speed on current issues impacting families. The candidate should be fluent in all major social platforms (specifically Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative, and a deep understanding of Romper’s voice is a must.
This is a remote role.
- Manage day-to-day posting for Romper on all social platforms
- Own and further develop Romper’s social strategy
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Manage strategy and execution of Romper’s digital issues
- Source imagery and produce original content for Instagram, Reels, and IG stories.
- Use analytics tools to track growth across social channels and inform overall strategy
- 2+ years experience working in social media
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Romper’s voice and firm knowledge of parenting culture
- Ability to identify trending topics, emerging trends, and on-brand influencers
- Firm knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.