Social Media Director, W Magazine
Editorial – W /
W Magazine is seeking a full-time Social Media Director. The ideal applicant has a strategic vision to move the brand forward in the social media space and a passion for the types of fashion and culture that W covers.
- Work closely with W’s Digital Director and social media team members to develop and execute creative programming for W’s social channels
- Bring new, innovative ideas and social franchises to the table and push the brand’s boundaries on social platforms
- Work with digital, print, and creative departments to ensure that social strategy is baked into every part of the editorial process, and secure exclusive content for social channels including behind-the-scenes photos, videos, on-site coverage from live events, and tentpole activations• Spearhead, manage, and oversee social content partnerships both within BDG and across the Web with like-minded brands
- Be knowledgeable of social media trends and best practices
- Develop and execute paid social strategies
- 6-7 years of relevant experience managing social media for a large brand or media publisher
- Proven experience hitting key social metrics
- Previous management experience heavily preferred
- A strong knowledge of social analytics tools and social scheduling a must
- Excellent editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture W’s voice to reach new and established audiences
- Confident, collaborative, and communicative with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced media environment
W covers the major goings-on of the fashion industry, but also explores where fashion and style intersect with the worlds of film, television, music, society, art, politics, and the social media sphere, and this broad-ranging understanding of culture is key.
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.