TV Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time TV Writer to contribute to the site's Entertainment vertical two days per week.
Writers should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment and voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. Writers will have an opportunity to write about all kinds of television, including true crime, dramas, genre shows, reality TV, and comedies. However, writers interested in and available to contribute live coverage for The Bachelor franchise are preferred.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of professional experience in reporting and writing, ideally with a background in the entertainment or TV space. Applicants should have an established appetite for television, yet be willing to branch out and watch new shows regularly. Applicants should also be familiar with SEO best practices and have a willingness to write comprehensive research posts that service the reader. An enthusiasm for and demonstrated experience in writing reported features and essays from an inclusive and feminist perspective is encouraged.
Writers should be willing and available for interviews and live coverage as needed. This is part-time, remote role.
- Write 4-5 stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Closely follow TV news and trends, and pitch relevant stories
- Contribute live coverage for The Bachelor and other shows as needed
- Report and write interviews and features
- Maintain correspondence with editors throughout shift
- Manage multiple articles at a time, switching between topics when necessary
- Follow Bustle style, writing/reporting/inclusivity guidelines, and SEO best practices
- Voracious appetite for reality TV and pop culture in general
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to turn in clean, accurate, well-sourced, and authoritative copy in a timely fashion and accept feedback
- 2+ years reporting/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least 2 days a week
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.