Manager, Strategic Finance
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – Finance /
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is looking for a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our growing team and support our growing digital media portfolio. As a finance manager, you will work closely with the VP of Strategic Finance and the CFO on driving the company’s budgeting and FP&A processes. You will also take part in developing and driving complex financial analyses to support various business initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a passionate self-starter, analytical, and a business-savvy individual who is excited to partner with business leaders across the company and to make an impact in a fast-growing digital media company.
- Financial planning
- Support all FP&A functions (monthly, quarterly, and annual planning process).
- Conduct monthly variance analyses to identify risks, opportunities, and mitigation measures.
- Work closely with accounting during month-end close to prepare entries and understand variances between actuals and budget/estimates.
- Prepare quarterly board decks with financial summaries and relevant KPI recaps.
- Act as a central point of contact for all business partners with respect to budget tracking and other expense-related analyses.
- Support the implementation of new systems.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems, and workflow to allow financial infrastructure to scale.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, preparing, and advising on relevant data; developing KPIs and clear frameworks; create dashboards/reports, to enable measurable action plans and to drive continuous improvement across the company.
- Participate in ad-hoc strategic business analyses by creating thorough financial models and communicating findings to leadership in an insightful and actionable manner.
Operational and Strategic Analyses
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in financial planning or an analytical role, preferably in a high-growth organization.
- Strong understanding of finance and financial accounting concepts.
- Strong financial modeling skills with an ability to generate insights from data and analyses to solve business problems.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, along with an ability to think creatively in financial and operational scenarios.
- Strong communication skills to effectively build both internal and external relationships.
- Flexible and resourceful when working in a small team environment.
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.