IT Support Engineer
New York, NY /
Business & Operations – IT /
The Support Engineer will manage desktop and application solutions in order to a meet the business needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will be capable of solving user support issues while collaborating with other members of the IT staff. The Support Engineer must manage projects from the planning phase through the implementation phase. In this role, the selected candidate must be focused, reliable, responsive and possess excellent communication skills in a Mac-centric environment.
- Serve as the first point of contact for local and remote staff seeking technical assistance over the phone, via email, or in person
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Provide on-going education and training to non-technical end-users
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Clearly document installation and configuration steps
- Patch management, asset and inventory oversight of all software and hardware, test and deploy packages for Mac/Windows stations
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Install new / rebuild existing PC’s and Macs, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, among others
- Organize and coordinate activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade of PC and Apple hardware, voice/video and network facilities as it relates to the desk-side environment.
- 4 - 5 years of proven experience as a computer service technician troubleshooting in a largely Mac-based environment, while familiarity with Windows is also necessary
- BS/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field preferably
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Strong working knowledge of workstations, mobile devices and other user-interfacing solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to apply methodical approach and critical thinking to problem identification and resolution
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.