Social Media Assistant, Romper
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time Social Media Assistant to join our Lifestyle team, working specifically on Romper, a one-stop-shop for what parents are talking about.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Social Media Manager, and be responsible for writing social copy, scheduling posts, and sometimes running analytics reports for both brands on Facebook and Twitter. Other responsibilities may include brainstorming with the editorial team, pitching social-first ideas, and using analytics to inform strategies.
Applicants should have a passion for parenting content and be up-to-speed on current issues impacting families. The candidate will have familiarity with working on social platforms (specifically Twitter and Facebook); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Romper’s voice is a must.
- Execute day-to-day posting and scheduling for Romper on Facebook and Twitter pages in collaboration with the Social Media Manager
- Regularly pitch editorial team on what’s happening on trending topics and conversations
- Use analytic tools to track growth and success across social channels
- 1-2 years experience working in social media
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of picking up a social voice and a passion for using social platforms to reach audiences in innovative ways
- Ability to identify and apply emerging, on-brand trends to social strategy
- Knowledge in parenting content
- Occasional night and weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational skillsWillingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.