Fashion & Beauty Writer, Bustle
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle's Style team is seeking a Fashion & Beauty Writer. In addition to reporting on mainstream fashion and beauty news, writers will cover style stories that impact people of marginalized communities (including people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and plus size individuals.)
We’re specifically looking for experienced writers with knowledge of how privilege and inequality impacts the fashion and beauty spheres. Writers are expected to stay embedded in the fashion and beauty news cycle, and pitch angles relevant to the Bustle reader.
Writers must be able to work for two hour shifts at least five days a week between Monday and Friday. They must be available to work Sunday evening shifts as needed during awards season.
In addition to reporting responsibly on sensitive topics, accuracy is key for this role. The job is fast-paced, so be ready for breaking news like unexpected product launches or celebrity outfit roundups at any moment.
Interested writers should also be familiar with Bustle's voice and mission, and be ready to pitch a few ideas during the hiring process.
- Identifying and pitching timely beauty and fashion stories
- Writing and reporting three to four light-lift news stories per shift
- Finding original content such as viral trends and smaller brands to cover before anyone else
- A passion for all things fashion and beauty
- A strong writing voice full of personality and confidence
- A knowledge of privilege and inequality as it applies to fashion and beauty
- 2+ years of editorial experience (personal blogs count)
- Availability to work remotely at least two days a week during business hours Monday — Friday
- Availability to attend NYC press events on behalf of the brand as needed
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.