Temporary Features Editor
Editorial – BDG /
BDG is seeking a freelance, part-time editor to provide coverage for features editors on leave. This is a short-term, remote position that will last six weeks. Day-to-day responsibilities are editing and publishing articles in progress across Bustle, NYLON, Romper, Elite Daily and TZR, as well as possibly assigning new stories.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor who can edit profiles, features, and essays on a range of topics and for a range of audiences. They can pick up a story at any point in the editorial process and take it over the finish line, and they have a network of experienced culture/lifestyle reporters and essayists who can take on new assignments.
Candidates must have availability to work 24 hours a week during business hours EST starting August 30, 2021.
- Develop stories in progress, refining concepts, and providing reporters BDG resources
- Story and line edit incoming drafts, incorporating feedback from other BDG editors
- Assign new stories based on the news and editorial opportunities
- Manage fact-checking and copyediting processes
- Draft and collaborate on display and social promotion copy
- Process invoices and track expenditure
- 3+ years of experience editing digital features
- 7+ years of experience in digital editorial
- Experience editing celebrity profiles
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.