Senior Fashion Editor, TZR
New York, NY
Editorial – The Zoe Report /
TZR is looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Fashion Editor to shape and lead fashion news and celebrity coverage as well as ideate and implement brand distinguishing initiatives, seasonal tent poles, weekly lineups, and out-of-the-box packages and issues.
The ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of what is happening across fashion, entertainment, current affairs, and culture through a well-established network of industry contacts and resources to obtain the most up-to-date information. To succeed in this role, the editor must have an intrinsic desire to always be the first-to-know and a voracious appetite for information, whether that be the most viral Tiktok trend, an emerging actress TZR should feature, the television show everyone is watching or talking about, or a new collaboration.
In addition to leading and writing news and celebrity coverage, this role requires ideating, assigning, editing and writing 2 to 3 fashion features a week, plus reviews and roundups during fashion week. They will also regularly pitch talent to feature in profiles, franchises, and original photography.
The editor will have an uncompromising standard for quality and well-reported stories, a sharp instinct to identify emerging topics, talent, and trends early on, and ensure that all coverage is consistent with the brand’s voice. It is crucial that the content is always evolving and not stagnant with overused headlines, language, or topics.
The ability to multi-task and pivot between short- and long-term projects is crucial to succeed in this role. In addition to effectively directing internal operations, the editor will be representing TZR at industry events and staying abreast of all industry news. They will serve as the channel for all things fashion news related and ensure that TZR has a place at all major events. Nurturing relationships with brands and publicists is pivotal in this role.
This position will report to the Deputy Fashion Editor who oversees the fashion vertical.
*This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between BDG Media, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.*
- Strategize and manage the fashion news and celebrity editorial calendar
- Assign, edit, and manage junior editor
- Write fashion news and features
- Pitch and execute tent pole ideas, packages, issues, and franchises
- Lead award show content for the fashion vertical, collaborate with beauty counterpart to create lineup, including walk-ups and day-after coverage
- Set traffic goals, implement long and short term strategy to achieve this goal through supported data and insights, and identify areas of opportunities for growth
- At least four years of relevant experience at a digital media brand
- Expert understanding and prowess in SEO, social, and newsletter practices and optimization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly ideate and react to change with a new course of action.
- Naturally collaborative and desire to mentor junior staff and writers with constructive feedback.
$71,000 - $85,000 a year
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.