Associate Editor, Bustle UK
United Kingdom /
Editorial – Bustle /
Bustle Digital Group is looking for an eager and ambitious Associate Editor to join the Bustle UK team. Reporting to the Executive Editor and working closely with the News Editor, the Associate Editor will ensure the site is up-to-date on the latest news & talking points, consistently coming up with interesting and original ways to cover subjects spanning across the entertainment, style, wellness, & life verticals.
The Associate Editor will have a passion for storytelling, an interest in improving their editing skills, and will be able to turn around high-quality work to tight deadlines. Helping manage a team of part-time writers and freelancers, the Associate Editor will oversee roughly 8 stories a day, and will also contribute to the site’s overall content and direction.
Note: this role is based in the UK.
- Help manage a team of 3-5 writers and their daily coverage (including story selection, headlines, and angles) alongside News Editor
- Edit 8 daily stories, ranging from news to evergreen content
- Monitor the internet for relevant news and identify unique angles on those stories
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events, as well as brainstorming
- Attend in-house training to increase skills (SEO, feedback, photo compliance etc)
- 1-2 years writing experience
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- The ability to generate, assign, and edit relevant thought-provoking angles and - analysis of news topics quickly and efficiently
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.