Associate Commerce Editor, Part-time
Business & Operations – Commerce /
BDG is seeking a part-time, remote Associate Commerce Editor to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create the affiliate content across all of BDG’s sites, including Bustle, Inverse, Elite Daily, Mic, and Romper, and across all verticals (beauty, tech, fashion, lifestyle, etc).
These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team. Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on:
The Associate Commerce Editor’s day-to-day will include editing the Commerce team’s articles to ensure they uphold editorial standards and successfully generate revenue through product sales. This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, and enthusiastic about shopping and products. This role is especially a great fit for those with a copyediting, copywriting, or marketing background. Since this role is remote, candidates should be comfortable working and meeting deadlines in a self-starting environment.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least 28 hours per week. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, and formatting.
- Update and optimize existing content.
- Research products across several categories to include in articles, from beauty to tech to lifestyle and beyond.
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor content performance and form recommendations to improve content.
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial — Strong preference for background in affiliate content
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Some experience managing writers
- Social media background — understanding of what resonates with various audiences
- Experience using affiliate platforms such as Skimlinks, Amazon Associates, Rakuten, RewardStyle, ShareASale, etc.
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.