Freelancer, Brand Strategist (Temp to Perm Potential)
New York, NY /
Revenue – Brand Strategy /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a creative and strategic freelance marketer for our Brand Strategy team. As a freelancer, you will play an essential role in the presale function with a keen focus on writing compelling, customized proposals across Bustle Digital Group’s (BDG) portfolio of brands, playing a strategic part in driving revenue growth.
This role has the opportunity of temp to perm (Manager/Senior Manager level) and will report into the Senior Director / Director of Brand Strategy.
- Oversee innovative ideas and category-specific approaches across tech/auto/finance, identifying and designing the approach where needed
- Strong collaboration with the Branded Content, Video, Experiential, Research/Trends, and Sales Teams to create strategic marketing proposals
- Ensure all ideas are packaged appropriately from a proposal and planning perspective, aligning with the needs of our brand partners
- Understand insights to better curate marketing opportunities for clients, utilizing measurement tools and research to add relevant, trustworthy data to our ideation
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- 3-5+ years of digital marketing experience or digital strategy in a related field
- Ability to manage multiple RFP’s within a given week
- Strategic and creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task and to hone in on sales-specific needs to drive revenue
- Proficiency in Keynote, MS Office, SnagIt, and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics, Comscore, and Quantcast
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Hourly Rate: $75 - $90/hr
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.