Manager, Social Media (Scary Mommy)
Editorial – Social Media & Audience Development /
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager to join our Parenting team, working specifically on Scary Mommy, a digital publication that prides itself on offering an unfiltered, often hilarious and honest look at motherhood.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Manager will report to the Associate Director of Parenting Social, while working closely with the Scary Mommy editorial team and the larger BDG social teamThe candidate will own Scary Mommy’s social media strategy across various platforms, particularly Instagram and TikTok. Other responsibilities will include regular data analysis, creative ideation and execution on social franchises/series, managing content creator pitches, and continuing to develop Scary Mommy’s identity on social media.
Applicants should have a passion for parenting content and be up-to-speed on current issues impacting families, particularly moms. The candidate should be fluent in all major social platforms (specifically Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative, and a deep understanding of Scary Mommy’s voice is a must.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between BDG Media, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.
- Manage day-to-day posting for Scary Mommy on Instagram
- Work with counterparts to own and further develop Scary Mommy’s social strategy on all major platforms
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Review and edit meme and video pitches from content creators to be posted to various social platforms
- Help manage strategy and execution of Scary Mommy’s digital issues
- Source imagery and produce original content for Instagram, Reels, TikTok, and IG stories.
- Use analytics tools to track growth across social channels and inform overall strategy.
- Report viral trends or high-performing topics to editorial team
- 4+ years experience working in social media
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Scary Mommy’s voice and firm knowledge of parenting culture, specifically as told through humor
- Ability to identify trending topics, emerging trends, and on-brand influencers
- Firm knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
- Salary Range: $71,000 - $75,000
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.